Welcome to Virginia Hunting & Fishing. Click here to register

• Advertisement
Rent this space for as low as $150 per year!

Hunting the Shore

Hunting the Shore

Postby baysider » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow we made it on the logo as part of VA and now we even have our own region!!! Got a walmart this year...man we are movin on up!! :lol:

Hope everyone is having a good season. Good luck!!!
Eastern Shore Rod and Gun Club
baysider
Non-Typical

Re: Hunting the Shore

Postby cut_un » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 pm

With your area of the state, expect great things for your area...lots of stories and pics! Good Luck & do us proud!
Big Al's "Take-Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
cut_un
Non-Typical

Postby baysider » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 am

Thats what I'm hoping for. I was on the phone late tonight talking about getting more of the land surrounding our hunting grounds. We are going to speak with a state biologist and put together a management plan that works for our particular farms. The boys up the road have had a plan in place like this for a couple years now. You should see the quality of the bucks coming from that group. Like I've never seen man. :shock:
baysider
Non-Typical

Postby cut_un » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:40 pm

You guys are really doing things the right way....and it will pay off!

Now,talkin fowl! Talked to my duck hunting buddy tonight and he claimed he was up for making the trip to the shore.Talking fowling around here! Doug,do you have any time off, vacation time,Christmas week????? I'd like to do a muliti day hunt,say two days. I'm thinking Friday and Sat,but We can work around your schedule...if you can work something out...What ya think?

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
Non-Typical

Postby baysider » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Your just in time. I put in my last days off today. I'm off from the 23rd until the 3rd when i go back. Are you talking about bringing a boat or hunting from the shore? I can get us one day from the shore but i'd rather not shoot the cove two days in a row with this long to go in the season. Ive got a coworker that is pretty seasoned on the seaside marsh and a buddy that is pretty good on the bay. As ive done very little hunting from boats. Either way i can get us some good hunts. Just say the word Cut. I havent made any plans to travel. Just hunt and hang with the family so let me know. Christmas is on saturday so i know i wont be able to get away then or were you talking about new years eve and new years day? During the week might be better. We usually have an all day deer drive on the last day, but you guys are welcome to join in on that too. Too many options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
baysider
Non-Typical

Postby cut_un » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Doug,I have a 16 foot Lowe Roughneck 40 p rigged with a floating blind. Most of my duck huning is on a few major lakes here in central VA. so I woodland camo material on it now, if I bring it to the shore,I can redo it in marsh grass sheets. I also have my "skinny water boat" an Otter Stealth 1200, rigged as a layout boat( trolling motor or paddles). I to get off on Wed,the 23 and don't go back til the 3 of Jan. Just planning on a lot of fowling and a lit deer hunting that week, Maybe we can get hooked up.I'm game!Let me know what you are thinking! I'm game

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
Non-Typical

Postby baysider » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:28 am

Sent you a pm Cut.
baysider
Non-Typical

Postby Tracker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Im a new member here and hope to make some new friends. I am a member on other duck hunting sites and when I was looking for info on the eastern shore. I contacted Baysider and he has helped me without blinking an eye. I have never meet this man face to face but have talked to him on the phone. A stand up guy and Im looking forward to hunting over in his neck of the woods. Baysider if you ever need help around central virginia I will help without a doubt. Good luck to everyone!!!
I to fished with Tom Brokaw!!!
Tracker
8 Pointer

Postby buckshot5792 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Welcome to the site Tracker. Hope you'll stay and talk a while.
My idea of heaven is chasing whitetail bucks and a country boy is all I'll ever be.

Me and my buddies got a honey hole, back in the pines, and ain't it funny how the bucks we miss get bigger, and bigger every time.
buckshot5792
Site Admin

Postby Tracker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:02 pm

I will be around. Looks like a good site. Just hoping for some new birds. I have hunted chesdin a couple times. I have never seen so many coots in my life. Hoping for a freeze so i can hit the river.
Tracker
8 Pointer

Postby buckshot5792 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Funny, I've never seen a coot there in my life. My uncle used to hunt it back in his days of duckin and says that's all they would kill sometimes.
My idea of heaven is chasing whitetail bucks and a country boy is all I'll ever be.

Me and my buddies got a honey hole, back in the pines, and ain't it funny how the bucks we miss get bigger, and bigger every time.
buckshot5792
Site Admin

Postby Tracker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 pm

I can tell you they are there by the hundreds....Here are some pictures from over the summer...

Tracker
8 Pointer

Postby baysider » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Hey Tracker...glad you made to the site. Looks like a rough spot on that lake. Has the water level improved since then?
I spoke with a guy here in town. The birds are still sitting where they were. Saturday should be a good day for you as the winds are supposed to be calm all day, 3-6mph. I'll be hunting in Eastville with a neighbor and his son from SD. Good luck!!!
baysider
Non-Typical

Postby buckshot5792 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey I don't know if it happened for anyone else but when I tried to view your pictures they were HUGE and I had to scroll around to see anything so I used photobucket to make a clickable thumbnail so they wouldn't be so big. No big deal just trying to help others out.

But yeah the water was really low there this summer.

buckshot5792
Site Admin

Postby Tracker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 am

Yeah thanks buck...when I added them they were big as all get out...thanks for fixing them...yeah the lake has come all the way back up...lowest it has ever been...where my brother in law is standing that water is usually up to the bottom of that pump house...the weather still looks good and we will be there sat. morning...thanks for the help
Tracker
8 Pointer

Next

Return to Eastern Shore